Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Week.

This week has gone by terribly slow (mainly because it is the last week of our extra winter classes) so we are pretty much pooped for this month ... We just finished making and giving a huge array of writing and speaking tests, so now with the vast majority of the grades finished, we finally get to relax a bit .... Nope, just more stuff for February.


I took my camera to school and just captures a few images from our week ... just a few though.

This is Jenny, she used to be one of my students but after december all the kids switched classes and moved to different times so now she is in Joseph's class ... She is super smart and really cute. Jennifer (the sweet girl who worked in my position before me) asked for an updated picture of her, so I was happy to get one. Unfortunately when I went to school last week jenny was sick, and then I proceeded to forget my camera, and then finally remember on wednesday! She even said the customary "Kimchi" for the picture ... I miss her in my classes!




I also tried my hand again (this time more successfully) to make some pea soup. Joseph's mom sent us all kinds of beans, and this time the peas turned out much better than the other beans did. No idea why. I added some bacon, butter and seasonings to it ... it was still a bit bland, but at least all the beans were soft ... I think next time I will try some ham, and maybe buy some bullion cubes or something to try and give it a boost of flavor. It ended up being a good dinner.

We have also formed a habit of eating dinner in front of the laptop, since it is usually around 9 - 9:15 before we eat dinner (it takes a while to walk home and then I have to heat up the preplanned meal) we watch our favorite old shows like Muppet Babies and Salute your Shorts ... it is always funny to catch jokes you didn't get when you were little. We can appreciate the shows in a new way now.

And then Thursday we heated up the "Hobos" that Joseph loves, they are so easy, and I can make them the night before, and then when we get home in the evening, just throw them in the microwave oven and let them cook themselves . it is just Hamburger meat, potatoes, carrots, onions and steak sauce. It is almost like having a crock pot!


Mmmmmm. Delicious!


And just beacuse I like posting pictures of the kids, this is Kyle. He is such a trouble maker, but it is hard to get mad at him because he makes me laugh so much. He drew a picture that spanned 6 pages of paper, and when I asked him what it was, all I got was " teacher.... I don't know".... it was very detailed and looked like some kind of weird flying kite/zepplin/airplane/hot air balloon thing. He didn't want to take a picture, so I caught him off gaurd while pretending to talk to jenny.
The original class Kyle was in was Joseph's class. Joseph used to have alot of trouble with that class because Kyle and his friend James were little troublemakers. One day, James, out of the blue, quit the school. This left Joseph with a perfect opportunity to change the class dynamic. He came to school the next day (early November) and found some left over halloween decorations in the classroom, behind the dry erase board and randomly decided to tell the kids that James had been so bad, that he got turned into a fake rubber centipede. He put the fake centipede on James's old desk, and would still write his name on the board for not speaking English (I guess they are not allowed to speak korean or centipeded in class) and he would call on him to answer questions. Kyle thought this was hilarious, and in turn started talking to "james the centipede" like a real person, and would even help Joseph discipling him by pulling his fake legs off if he was bad, and even half melting him in the class heater. ( James is so bad, he didn't do his homework, now the heater!)
Ever since then Kyle has carried "James" around in his pencil case. He took it out today during my special winter class and started saying " Teacher, james need more homework... he bad", so I gave Kyle two worksheets to do... one for him and one for "James".

Our kids are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment