Monday, January 25, 2010

4 months!

No cool pictures today, but I did feel it was worth noting that it is January 25th ( here) which is officially four months since we stepped off the plane in Busan. It feels like such a short time and yet it is all I have known for Four Months!!!! It seems longer... Sometimes I worry I will forget how to live in the states....

It is amazing to think about how drastically my life has changed these four months.

I have not watched cable in four months

I have not driven a car in four months.

I have not talked on a real phone in four months.

I have not hugged my mom and dad in four months. ( though I did try to hug the webcam one time)

I now eat rice almost daily ( and sometimes, even kimchi)

I walk to and from work.

I take the city bus to get out of the city.

I use chopsticks without any trouble.

I now spend money in the 1,000's.

I have not tipped a waiter or had to calculate tax on any item in four months.

It is amazing, and hard to believe... sometimes I don't feel that I live in a totally different culture, and other days my head explodes with the differences. Now, suddenly knowing that I am 1/3 of the way through my trip is very sobering and I am ready for some warm weather so I can start doing more with the time I have left.

See you all in 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment