Saturday, January 16, 2010

1 week two boxes!

What a fantastic week, we were really feeling the love from our families back home! Not only did we get a box with all kinds of good western goodies, we got belated christmas presents as well (well at least I did, thank you Meredith and Bobby !!!!)

On the walk home from work we were in such a good mood we stopped to try one of the street vendor stalls selling food. We paid 1,000 won for three fried fish ... not real fish, but fish shaped pastries ... Joseph and I each ate one on the way home. They taste like warm funnel cake on the outside and you can get one of two fillings a custard (maybe banana) or sweet red bead ... we usually go for the custard, although the red bean ones are not a gross as you would imagine.

FISHIE!
We decided to wait to open Joseph's mothers box till after dinner, which was chicken that we also picked up on the way home. I usually make mashed potatoes, but we found this cool spicy rice cake side dish and decided to try it, but it ended up tasting Horrible, because it was supposed to be cooked a certain way in the microwave, but as I cannot follow directions in hangul, I just gave it my best shot, which was not really good enough, but it looked cool!



I heated up some green beans too, just in case it was a bust (which it totally ended up being, but the beans were fantastic!)

The Chicken is from a new restaurant that I swear opened up overnight. it is Delicious delight Chicken (or DD as they put on the sign). They use some red chili powder, but not so much you can't stand it. This may be our new favorite chicken place. The light yellow side dish is pickeled radish and the orangey stuff is some kind of mustard you put on the chicken. I think we had a rented movie so we started that while we ate dinner. But once we finished, we paused the movie, because we could wait no longer to open the box!!!!



First was the sweet letter explaining the contenst of the box as well as telling us how much we were missed ... awww.

We miss you all too!


I am smelling the letter because the taco seasoning exploded a bit and it smelled like Mexico!


A fun creative way to send Pretzels via Mail ... poke a small hole in the top to let out the air .... WOW .. Love the side view.

And Joseph saw his next Stephen King Book and was instantly happy!

More Treats!



This sheep is Hilarious, it makes sheep noises and everything, we call her Dolly!


And beans, Sen Teacher asked us what his mom sent us and we replied Beans ... she thought we were way weird, but I am going to cook this stuff up this weekend! No more noodles for lunch!
Not to be outdone, my mom also sent us some amazing treats from home ... which arrived the next day! Unfortunatly my camera was dying so I got as many pictures as it would allow before it died .. Marshmallows since rice krispie treats are a huge success here. (And the marshmellows here are crazy colors) Chex Mix (heaven, and being enjoyed as I write this) more fiber bars, * Joseph is a lucky guy! * And the best cough drops since we never know when we will get sick again (hopefully not soon!)

And for me a gorgeous sweater (well two actually but this is when my camera died) From my sister and brother in law who have excellent taste! (I am actually wearing this sweater now as I write this and got compliments when I wore the other one to school on friday!)

So we are two very lucky people with amazing families! It was a great relaxing week (after work of course) and we had fun chomping on all our goodies ... Our cubbord is getting full! (We now have a shelf for fiber bars, but really, there can never be enough fiber bars.)
We miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment