Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 weeks

I cannot believe this journey which seemed to take forever to arrive is now almost at a close. My brain is constantly swirling with packing lists, to clean lists and "what to do first when I get to America" lists.
None of this struck me as anything but exciting and fun until today when one of my youngest students asked me "Teacher, you go America, why?" ( yes, still working on that grammar). When I said, "Oh not today, but in a few weeks", I was shocked that I was met with her tiny tears, She explained that her birthday is in November and that I would not be here and she would be sad and miss me.....
Talk about breaking my heart.
In my hurry to go through worn out clothes, hop a plane see my family and get reservations at Fat Daddies, I forgot.... I may actually miss some of my little monsters. In fact there are quite a few that I know I really will miss.
They have been in my life for about a year now, and I have been in theirs. It will be an adjustment for both of us when the time comes, but at least now I can take time to savor those last few classes I have with them, rather than rush through to get to the homework assignment.
Who else is going to call me Allison Teacher..... These are a few reasons I will miss some students.
Kyle, because everytime he does Hangman on the board he uses the word Crazy. Sara for always wanting to trade noses with me. Grace who always has a fun picture to show me on her cell phone. Lucy who relays messages to my friend Christian at her elementary school and vice versa. Eric because he can rock a hat that says "drunken". Jenniffer ( her spelling not mine) for my beautiful birthday card. Lucas for always telling his classmates to be quiet when he sees me getting frustrated. My Entire Africa 3:30 class for begging to play my jeapordy review game each month.
There are more things, but it is late, and I need to stop being so mushy and go to bed.... night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment