Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthdays, Bits and Pieces!

I always feel like I have so much to update, and I can never get around to doing it, so I have many mini blogs about lots of things going on.
But first and most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA KELLY!!! ( My grandma, not Joseph's grandma, though that is quite confusing since his last name is Kelly and mine is Parks.... ) Hope you have a wonderful day, and I miss you!
Next up, Joseph has started a cool new project for his teen times class, they are now penpals with his little sister Caroline back in Raleigh... This is the picture they sent to her... Love the peace signs...very typical of a Korean photo.... they always say Kimchi instead of Cheese when there is a picture being taken... it works though!
Speaking of Cheese, I have been working very hard lately to make healthy meals... here youc an see a salad I made with cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, and yes...cheese. we used the low fat italian dressing though... Along with the salad, I made my own version of the KFC famous bowl. Joseph and I used to get them all the time back home, but the KFC here has no mashed potatoes... yeah, for real, no potatoes, gravy or good biscuits.... what is the world coming too... they are really missing out.
I was so proud of myself, I even made "gravy" from scratch... it was not that great but it did the job. Add in some corn, and you got a great dinner.
Joseph also told me I looked pretty when I cooked ( I think that is his way of making me do it more, but I thankfully actually enjoy it!) But he took a picture, since the sun was out I was having a relatively good hair day!

Yeah for good hair!


I also tried my hand at making stuffed peppers, and they turned out great as well, I didn't have onion like the recipe called for but it still turned out great in my toaster oven. And just because I wanted to add it to the post, we found the coolest but most high cholesterol Hagwon in Korea... "Butter English"...


This is one of the top five so far! Right up there with Pass off English.


And because this was the highlight of my week, we finally managed to do the grow a dinosaur that Joseph's mom sent in our easter package! It was really cute to see the thing come to life.

Day 1, Evening.

Day 2, morning


Day 2, night.


Day three, (I think joseph helped him out of his shell)

Day three! SO CUTE!

Well that is all for now, we took a great trip to Okpo, but it is time for Bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment